• Photo Diary: Amsterdam

IMG_3800 IMG_3803 IMG_3807 IMG_3808 IMG_3816 IMG_3838 IMG_3842 IMG_3903 IMG_3926 IMG_3975 IMG_4005 IMG_4021

IMG_3934 IMG_3970

Roaming around the lively streets of Amsterdam, I experienced the definition of a beautiful city. It instilled emotions that I never felt anywhere else; a sense of belonging, a muse to my inspiration, a city that will always have a special place in my heart.

Looking through the snaps I shot from my 4 day stay, it is evident that I fell in love with their typical houses. There are probably more bicycles than there are cars in Amsterdam, so I have enough bike pictures in my collection to last me a lifetime.

If you’re going to Amsterdam soon, I would highly recommend visiting the Anne Frank House. Get in line; it will probably take you around 3hrs to get to the entrance but it is surely worth the wait! There’s also a great pancake place next to it where you can stop for lunch called The Pancake Bakery (gluten-free pancakes available!). Taking a canal cruise is a great way to enjoy some beautiful scenery and snap away breathtaking photos. And obviously, take the mandatory picture with the Amsterdam sign. Apart from the sign, the area over there is gorgeous on a sunny day.

Lyn x

Photo Diary: Berlin
    Prague Chronicles

Lyndsey Grima, 21 years old. University Student, living in Malta. A lover of all things fashion and beauty

11 Responsesso far.

1. xyz says:

no offense love, but you’ve chosen places that are so famous- that even my 5 year old sister knows to visit them if she ever goes to Amsterdam.

Just because you’ve been to a place once, doesn’t really give you the right to “recommend” places. Mhux ahjar you leave it to the travel bloggers and focus on your pretty clothes and make up uek? Or at least, for your readers sake you could at least google “unique spots in amsterdam”.

• Lyndsey says:

I am in no way claiming that I am a travel blogger. This is my space where I can express myself and having recently travelled to Amsterdam I posted some photos I took while I was on travel. In fact, the title of this post is ‘Photo Diary’.

Those recommendations where the things I enjoyed most whether they are the obvious options or not.

Althought ‘pretty clothes and make up uek’ might seem to dominate my posts, there is nothing that restricts me from posting about other things.

• xyz says:

Imma you had to be so unoriginal? I mean there are AMAZING things in amsterdam and the most interesting thing you could find was the anne frank house and the iamamsterdam sign? *yawn*

Whats next? A berlin post about the berlin wall, checkpoint charlie and bradenburg gate? So much LOLZ.

• Lyndsey says:

If this post isn’t what you are looking for, no one is forcing you to read it and no one is obliging you to be on the look out for my next one either.

As I said, I am not a travel blogger and I never promised my readers any unique sites. I’ll leave that to travel blogger because there a lot of good ones out there. My aim is to document my experience and the places that I actually visited. If that is not up to your standards, I advise you to stick to the travel blogs.

2. Ruth Cauchi says:

Dear XYZ ….

The nom de plume name that you chose shows that you are the most original and creative person ever …. lol ๐Ÿ™‚

As you may realise, no one is forcing you to see this blog … you might be popping in because that you are finding it quite interesting and your pride does not allow you to accept that. What I suggest is that you look out for other blogs that might interest your tastes … whatever they are …. and allow us, who enjoys following this blog to do so peacefully.

Life taught me that what goes round comes round …. so be aware … as your destructive criticism approach might get you some day !!

Have a super creative and original week ahead …. dear XYZ !!! ? : )

• Xiz says:

Jaqaw you’re this girls mummy come to fight her battles?

• Lyndsey says:

As you might tell from my previous comments, I don’t need anyone to fight my battles. I could have easily marked you as ‘spam’ or deleted your comments but I chose to respond to you right away.

3. Ruth Cauchi says:

Definitely not dear … you got it wrong once again : ) …

Real Bloggers are not just appreciated by mothers …. mothers appreciate their children whether they are bloggers or not … real bloggers are appreciated by those who appreciate different work and are open to the million views of others around them ….near and far … people who appreciate bloggers must be open to widen their perspectives …. and one last thing … they should not be eaten by jealousy : )

Enjoy browsing this blog dear !!!

4. Stephanie says:

Wooahh!! All this hatred! Dear Xyz, I will surely not read your blog if you had one. Personally, I do not like reading such comments. I love Splashesoflooks for the simple reason that it is a day to day blog of a girl who loves fashion, reading and travelling and thus I liked reading her post about Amsterdam. Truth be told I got even more interested in the city after I read her blog.
    Lyn, just keep on doing what you re doing an do not bother reading hate mail. XYZ must surely read you blog constantly… I do not think she just ‘stumbled’ upon the Amsterdam post!

• Lyndsey says:

Thanks dear! Don’t worry, one negative comment out of the daily positive comments that I receive will not bring me down ๐Ÿ™‚ Me and my blog are not going anywhere!

Thanks again for your kind feedback xx